Needlepoint Sampler Kits are like a stylish cheeseboard
composed of many stitches and color combinations…
Once you've mastered your favorite stitches, you can:
- keep making samplers,
- use your new knowledge to make patterns of your own creation
- or improve painted canvas by using various stitches for details or background (it goes much faster than the usual basketweave stitch and adds texture and depth).
The kits are small 5"x5", so you can finish them quickly, just a few days; and take them with you anywhere, the perfect travel project.
There is such a diversity of fun stitches and bright colors in each kit, you'll never be bored. The first stitches on each small square are a learning curve and will require your full attention, then you can relax and watch TV or enjoy a friendly conversation while your fingers do the working.
All my sampler patterns measure 5"x5", to fit in a 7"x7" picture frame,
or four can be assembled to make a bigger picture
or a square or rectangular pillow
(contact me for special shapes and sizes).
With each kit you will learn five or six stitches.
All materials needed to complete your needlepoint are included in the kit:
- Best quality white 100% cotton German Zweigart canvas
with white taped edges to keep it from unraveling
- French DMC cotton yarn, bright and shiny, versatile, easy to work with
- 2 large eye blunt needles, size 20
- Easy to follow detailed instructions,
as well as color photos and easy to read graphs for all the stitches.
- I suggest you use a needlepoint frame.
It will keep your work clean, your canvas taut and make it easier to work.
It will also help prevent distortion of the canvas.
- Along with a small pair of scissors, a seam ripper can come in handy to correct mistakes.